Past Lieutenant Governor’s Committee
(Adopted August 20, 2011)
The mission of the Past Lieutenant Governors Committee shall be:
- a) To continue to expand the friendship built up during service on the New England District Board of Trustees and to form and continue new friendships.
- b) To afford advice and counsel to the New England District of Kiwanis International, its Board of Trustees, and its Governor.
- c) To afford to the District a pool of Kiwanians experienced in District matters for use when required, of the District, the Board of Trustees, and its Governor.
- d) To assure that Past Lieutenant Governors remain active within their divisions and in the New England District.
- e) To mentor and act as a resource to present Lt. Governors.
- f) To present information at conferences and in the District publications such as the Yankiwanian and the District website highlighting what needs to happen within each division relating to division council meetings, caucus details, governor’s visit information and other information from the District as necessary. (Adopted August 20, 2011)
For many years, Past Lieutenant Governors of the New England District felt there was a need to share their gained experience as a LTG, not only with their respective Club and Division, but also with the entire New England District.
On September 5, 1980, at the District Convention in Hyannis, MA, the first meeting of the PLGC took place. There were 59 PLG’s present to adopt by-laws and elect officers and directors.
Dr. Bernard "Bernie" Poller was elected as the first Chairman of the PLGC
The purpose of the Committee, as stated in Article VII, Section 12 of the Policy Manual of the New England District of Kiwanis International (revised to March 7, 2010), is to consider all matters referred to it as well as all matters initiated by it and report to the Board of Trustees of the District and/or the Governor of the District. At the request of the Board of Trustees, the Past District Lieutenant Governors Committee may from time to time be directed to assist and carry out certain District programs or projects. The Committee shall meet at the time of the Annual District Convention (the “Annual Meeting”) and at other times as it may determine.
- Outstanding Lieutenant Governor Award
- Donations to various Kiwanis causes
The PLGC usually meets for breakfast during each NEDK conference and convention.
Who Can Join?
Membership in the PLGC of the NEDK is open to any Kiwanian who has served as a Lieutenant Governor of any Kiwanis International District and who is an active member in good standing of a Kiwanis Club in the New England District. Application may be made any time following election to the office of Lieutenant Governor.
Fees and Dues
Each active member of the Committee shall pay dues to the Committee. Annual dues shall be $10.00 per year, payable each October 1. Life membership in the Committee shall be a one-time fee of seventy-five dollars ($75) payable in full at the time of application. Fifty dollars ($50) of the life membership fee shall be placed in a separate account in the District account for use as specifically determined by the Committee. Any member who is not a life member and who fails to pay the annual dues by March 1 shall be deemed an inactive member and ineligible to vote at the Annual Meeting or to hold office.
How to Join
A PLG of the NEDK may join the PLGC at any time by completing a membership application and submitting it with appropriate fees to the Treasurer of the PLGC. Download Membership Application.
Kiwanis is a global organization of volunteers
dedicated to changing the world
one child and one community at a time.